Thursday, May 5, 2011

ALAMEDA POINT ANTIQUES FAIRE

This past Sunday, I had the pleasure of attending my first antiques fair. It was a bright and sunny day, with temperatures reaching the high 70s, perfect for an afternoon strolling through a large naval base and scouring for one-of-a-kind vintage finds. The items ranged from typical costume jewelry and antique furniture to more unusual samurai swords and life-sized porcelain dolls. While I wasn't on the lookout for anything specific, there were a plethora of interesting items that caught my attention, some of which I managed to capture on camera. With over 800 booths and a beautiful scenic location in direct view of the Bay Bridge, there's sure to be something for everyone.

Gently-used Keds:
 Vintage art deco rhinestone necklaces:
 Various brightly-colored baubles:

Sterling silver rings:
Vintage slip dresses:
 Antique gold picture frames:
 Antique magnifying glasses:
Metal scrap letters:
 Hand-painted signs:
 

The Alameda Point Antiques Faire is held the first Sunday of every month. Admission from 9:00 AM- 2:00 PM is $5, and free from 2:00- 3:00 PM.

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive