Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Film II Captain America Saves the Day!


I was having a discussion with my brothers about the movies that were coming out soon, I had mentioned Captain America. I was too focused on my project to even realize that it there was a premiere taking place in the mall nearby. My friend , Mae Cervantes, gave me a call and she had tickets, so I took my brother and we rushed over to the cinemas. It was going to start in 10 minutes and we barely had time to get dressed and park. We missed a bit of the beginning of the movie but I was able to understand most of what was going on, you see we were trying to get seats that didn't involve us getting neck cramps the next day.

Awesome tickets that look like shruken private files

Movie Synopsis:

It is 1942, America has entered World War II, and sickly but determined Steve Rogers is frustrated at being rejected yet again for military service. Everything changes when Dr. Erksine recruits him for the secret Project Rebirth. Proving his extraordinary courage, wits and conscience, Rogers undergoes the experiment and his weak body is suddenly enhanced into the maximum human potential.

When Dr. Erksine is then immediately assassinated by an agent of Nazi Germany's head of its secret HYDRA research department, Johann Schmidt aka the Red Skull, Rogers is left as a unique man who is initially misused as a propaganda mascot. However, when his comrades need him, Rogers goes on a successful adventure that truly makes him Captain America and his war against Schmidt begins.

Written by Kenneth Chisholm ( kchisol@rogers.com)

----

First of all, I absolutely love the era that the story was set in. The 1940s were definitely a time of class when it came to fashion, but in history these were dark times due to the wars happening everywhere. The production design did so well from the set to the props and the effects in the movie. I think that they were trying to perfect as many aspects of the movie since the following of the movie was relatively large and spans different generations.

The main thing i noticed about the movie was the photography, it was of course a homage to the comics humble beginnings on paper. If you get a still from the movie it could, most probably, end up in a comic book.

I also found the contrast between Steve Rogers' scrawny body to his more cut and buff body interesting. The technology they used to create that illusion is perhaps similar, if not what they had actually used, to how they were able to transform Brad Pitt in 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button'. It's a good thing technology is now able to do more for the big screen. They would have a much difficult time if they were to have Chris Evans diet to become scrawny then go buff up to be Captain America.

I was a little tired halfway through the film, it could be because of my sleeping habit or because the energy in the movie was so high during the action scenes that I had gotten so tired after the sequence had ended. I did, however, enjoy the action scenes. They were dynamic and didn't last too long, and that is a good thing. I personally find action scenes that are long a bit dragging in the long run, especially if they fail to pull it off.

All in all, I wasn't disappointed with the film. I've read that even Captain America toppled over Harry Potter in terms of ticket sales!

I suggest you catch this flick once it hits theatres~ You'll surely enjoy the action packed first avenger!

----

Here are some movie stills :

Schmidt played by Hugo Weaving

The Captain in uniform

Steve and Peggy

They have returned

Special Project
---

Here is the trailer:



Directed by
Joe Johnston

Starring
Chris Evans as Steve Rogers
Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter
Hugo Weaving as Schmidt
along with Tommy Lee Jones, Dominic Cooper, Stanely Tucci and more.

To find out more about Captain America please click his shield below!


Catch the movie in theatres soon!
---
~Krisan

Note: No Copyright Infringement intended. All photos and videos belong to their respective owners.

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive